The nervous system consists of your brain, spinal cord, spinal and peripheral nerves, and all nerves leading into every system, organ, tissue and cell of your body. Chiropractic care involves the detection and analysis of physical interference to the nervous system (subluxations), and the reduction of interference to the nervous system through the application of specific spinal adjustments. By removing the subluxation and allowing your spine to move properly, it removes any interference to the nervous system and restores your body’s ability to heal itself!
DID YOU KNOW…
- Only 10% of nerve fibers are associated with PAIN
- 90% are connected to FUNCTION in your body
- 94% of infants with infantile colic respond to chiropractic care within 14 days
- Reduce labour times by 24% for 1st pregnancy
- reduce low back, sciatica and headaches
- improve morning sickness and sinus congestion in pregnancy
- reduce the chance of back labour
- boost your immune system by 200-400% compared to non-chiropractic patients
There is an inborn wisdom of the body…or an intelligence that allows your body to constantly adapt to our ever-changing environments. It knows how to: digest your food after you’ve eaten, beat your heart, heal your cut, blink your eyes, fight off bacteria….and you don’t even have to think about it.
At Acorn Family Health and Wellness Centre in Oakville, our chiropractor specializes in safe, specific, gentle chiropractic techniques for newborns to the young at heart! Techniques performed include, but are not limited to, activator, diversified or manual therapy, myofascial release, Thompson Drop, B.E.S.T., Webster Technique (to remove intrauterine constraint allowing breech babies to turn), kinesiotaping.
We look forward to helping you and your family achieve your optimum health! Complimentary consultations are available!